Jonathan Ball is joined by Lauren Carter, Kevin Marc Fournier, and Joanna Graham to spend a night in the haunted Dalnavert House as a writing retreat and discuss dark fiction and developing ideas.
Writing the Wrong Way with Jonathan Ball, PhD is the perfect podcast for serious writers who want to stand out in a crowded industry by becoming more productive while taking more artistic risks.
Jonathan Ball, an author with a PhD in literature, interviews writers, screenwriters, musicians, filmmakers, and other artist entrepreneurs, going deep on various topics related to writing, editing, screenwriting for film and television, comics and graphic novels, games and multimedia writing, humour, horror, and any other topic you can imagine.
Episodes range from interviews and panel discussions to solo shows where Jonathan breaks down complex concepts into practical approaches through close analysis or answers a variety of questions.
- Thank to the Thin Air: Winnipeg International Writers Festival for creating this event
- Thanks to everyone at the Dalnavert Museum
- FRANKENSTEIN by Mary Shelley
- THE SHADOW OVER PORTAGE AND MAIN: WEIRD FICTIONS, edited by Keith Cadieux & Dustin Geeraert — containing “Tapestries” by Joanna Graham and a story by me as well (writing as Richard Crow)
- THE GREEN-EYED QUEEN OF SUICIDE CITY by Kevin Marc Fournier
- SWARM by Lauren Carter
- DRACULA by Bram Stoker
- THE BLIND ASSASSIN by Margaret Atwood
- BLOODY JACK by Dennis Cooley
Please subscribe to the podcast, leave a rating or review, and tell your friends!
Want a free horror comic?
Join the Stranger Fiction newsletter!