Author/editor Keith Cadieux visits my university creative writing class. This is the first of a two-part episode: the second part is available here.
Resources discussed in this episode:
- Keith’s book GAZE
- Keith’s anthology THE SHADOW OVER PORTAGE AND MAIN, which contains an introduction by myself and a short story by my pseudonym Richard Crow and the short story “Stuck” by Keith, which we discuss
- THE MODERN WEIRD TALE by S.T. Joshi (affiliate link)
- Jeff VanDerMeer’s AREA X: THE SOUTHERN REACH TRILOGY: ANNIHILATION; AUTHORITY; ACCEPTANCE
- THE NEW WEIRD, edited by Ann & Jeff VanderMeer
- THE WEIRD, edited by Ann & Jeff VanderMeer (affiliate link) … this is a massive, 1000+ page anthology, and one of the best bangs for your buck I have ever seen
- THE COMPLETE FICTION OF H.P. LOVECRAFT (affiliate link)
- SONGS OF A DEAD DREAMER AND GRIMSCRIBE by Thomas Ligotti (affiliate link)
- GET OUT (affiliate link)
- HEREDITARY (affiliate link)
- INFERNO by Dante (affiliate link)
- BLOOD MERIDIAN by Cormac McCarthy
- THE BORDER TRILOGY: ALL THE PRETTY HORSES; THE CROSSING; CITIES OF THE PLAIN by Cormac McCarthy (affiliate link)
- BREAKING BAD (affiliate link)
- “The Yellow Wallpaper” by Charlotte Perkins Gilman (full text)
Thank you for listening!
Want a free horror comic?
Join the Stranger Fiction newsletter!